Game of Skill
- You acknowledge, agree and confirm that the Games described above are games of skill as the success of the Participants in such Games depends predominantly on their relative knowledge of inter alia the following information/data, and the manner in which You interpret and utilize such information/data while participating in a Game:
- the game of cricket, or any other sport on which the event may be based on;
- statistics and sports-persons’ past records and performances; and
- the average performance of real-life sports-persons in a particular territory, under certain conditions and/or in certain formats.
- By participating in such Game(s), You acknowledge and agree that You are participating in a game of skill.
Legality of Game of Skill
Games of skill are legal, as they are excluded from the ambit of Indian gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867.The Indian Supreme Court in the cases of State of Andhra Pradesh v. K Satyanarayana (AIR 1968 SC 825) and KR Lakshmanan v. State of Tamil Nadu (AIR 1996 SC 1153) has held that a game in which success depends predominantly upon the superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness of the player shall be classified as a game of skill.
The bidding is done on games of skill as success of Participants depends primarily on their superior knowledge of the games, knowledge of players' relative form, players' performance in a particular territory, conditions and/or format, attention and dedication towards the Contest(s) and adroitness in playing the Contest(s). The Contest(s) also requires Participants to field well-balanced sides with limited resources and make substitutions at appropriate times to gain the maximum points.
By participating in this Contest(s), each Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is participating in a game of skill.